FALL SEASON | WINTER SEASON | SPRING SEASON | SUMMER SEASON
The Fall competitive rowing season starts mid-August and runs through the second weekend in November. The Fall is a slower pace and geared toward athlete development of a technical base and muscular endurance to prepare for the Spring competitive season. We want to see you succeed.
Join us for a free week to meet our team, coaching staff, and facilities.
- East Tennessee Rowing offers a noncompetitive recreational Crew Academy. for those with little or no previous rowing experience that that are looking for a new sport to try or those that want to rowing, but have limited time available for competitive training. Registration for the Academy is contious throughout the fall allowing athletes to join at anytime.
- Practices are conducted at our Boathouse on Fort Loudoun Lake or at our Watt Street Gym in the Alcoa City Center.
- Boathouse: (3452 Louisville Rd., Louisville, TN) Convenient to Blount and Knox Counties, and surrounding areas. It is a 20-minute drive from the I-40 / Pellissippi Parkway (I-140) intersection by taking Topside Rd and 20-minutes from Downtown Knoxville via Alcoa Highway, as well as 15 minutes from downtown Maryville along Louisville Road.
- Watt Street Gym: (259 East Watt St., Alcoa, TN) Next to Alcoa Family Chiropractic.
- Jul 24 Fall Registration Opens
- Aug 19 Fall Open House / Information: 10 A.M. - 2 P.M. at Watt Street Gym
- Aug 14 Returning athletes report
- Aug 14-Sep 1 Novice/Beginner Athlete Walk-on Period, ONE WEEK FREE TRIAL
- Sep 1 Registration Closes
- Sep 7 Fall Parent Meeting: 7 P.M. to 8 P.M. TBA
FALL PRACTICE TIMES
- Varsity: Monday - Friday, 4:30 P.M. - 6:30 P.M.
- Novice: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 4:30 P.M. - 6:30 P.M.
- Strength & Conditioning at Watt Street Gym Saturday, 8 A.M. - 10 A.M.
- Fall season regattas are called head races, these events generally are three to five kilometers timed event held on rivers. The boat with the fastest time wins.
- Oct 7: Music City Head Race
- Nashville > Varsity, Novice, Masters
- Oct 14: Off [SAT Test Date]
- Oct 21: Secret City Head Race
- Oak Ridge > Varsity, Novice, Masters
- Oct 28-29: Head of the Schuylkill
- Philadelphia (tentative) > Varsity
- Nov 4: Head of Hooch
- Chattanooga > Varsity, Novice, Masters
- Nov 11: Head of the South
- Augusta > Varsity, Novice, Masters
- ETRO Travel Policy: Parents/Boosters are responsible for making athlete travel and lodging arrangements for events.
- East Tennessee Rowing communicates through multiple platforms.
- Email is used, but we find it less effective as our system only stores one contact per membership.
- Our text system is called “Remind” and used for most of our communication needs.
- To join: Text @etrowing to #81010.
- General announcements and weather updates are posted on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram.
- Feel free to like or follow us there at @etrowing.
- Participants should watch the USRowing Safety Video prior to season.
UNIFORM / TEAM GEAR
- East Tennessee Rowing has two uniform/gear providers:
- COMPETITIVE UNIFORMS are custom made by JL Racing.
- The “JL Team Store” opens once in the beginning of each season.The JL Team Store will open 9/28/17 for 2 weeks.
- The items take 6-8 weeks to produce.
- Athletes that are pursuing to compete with the varsity crews will need to purchase uniform from here.
- TEAM/ SPIRIT GEAR is produced locally by GoTeez, in Alcoa.
- The “Spirit Team Store” will opens twice each season offering team imprinted t-shirts and embroidered apparel for parents and casual wear.
- Novice Athlete Blue T-shirt may be purchased through here.
- East Tennessee Rowing offers a discounted pay-in-full option or monthly installments for your convenience.
- NOVICE: ETRowing's Seasonal Novice membership, Fall: Aug 28, 2017 - Nov 13, 2017, Cost: $600.
- VARSITY: ETRowing's Seasonal Varsity membership, Fall: Aug 14, 2017- Nov 13, 2017, Cost: $825.
- Varsity Seasonal Agreement: 3 month commitment Pay-In-Full $800 or 3 Installments $275
- Varsity Family Agreement: 3 month commitment Pay-in-Full $720 or 3 Installments 3x $247.50
- FULL: ETRowing's Annual Membership includes unlimited access to training sessions in the Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer seasons. Cost: $2,400.
- Annual Agreement: 12 month commitment Pay-In-Full $2,315 or 12 Installments $200
- Annual Family Agreement: 12 month commitment Pay-In-Full $2,083.50 or 12 Installments $180
- East Tennessee Rowing does not want to “nickel and dime” you each time an event comes up, we attempt to incorporate local regatta cost with the operational club fees into the seasonal fee. All items listed are covered by fees, including, but not limited to:
- Club Organizational Registration with USRowing,
- Facility Insurance, D&O Insurance and General Liability Insurance,
- Equipment Usage Fees: shells, ergometers, workout equipment, and safety launches,
- Access to Boathouse and Gym for practice,
- High quality professional USRowing Certified coaching,
- Administrative fees,
- Regattas team entry fees and equipment transport,
- Media, Communication and Website maintenance fees.
- Fees do not cover, but not limited to:
- Personal USRowing Championship memberships (required to compete in major regional and national competitions.)
- Regattas or travel expenses; transportation, hotels, meals, entry fees etc.
- Championship Regattas: entry fees, equipment transport, transportation, hotels, meals, entry fees etc.
- Racing Uniform or personal gear
FORMS & POLICIES
- ETRowing reserves the right to amend these guidelines and forms at any time with or without prior notice to athlete and parents. Please download the forms, read, sign, date and return to a coach as needed.