FALL SEASON | WINTER SEASON | SPRING SEASON | SUMMER SEASON
- This program runs from August 28th through October 26th.
- Our noncompetitive recreational option for beginner youth 12 to 18, who are looking for a new sport to try or those that want to rowing, but have limited time available for competitive training.
- Interested athletes may join at any time.
- No previous rowing experience to join.
- Academy sessions focuses on creating an environment where young athletes can discover the sport of rowing while enjoying the great outdoors on Fort Loudon Lake.
- Training develops the basic rowing skills from day one on indoor rowers continuing onto the water in eight-person shells to develop posture, balance control, timing, and begin to apply valuable skills to become a more efficient rower.
- As an outdoor sport, rowing, safely is dependent the water level of the lake, weather, and usable daylight.
- In the event an athlete starts Crew Academy and wants to do more the will need to complete one month of Crew Academy, then talk to their coach for details on our competitive teams.
- Participants will need to bring a learning attitude and wear athletic shorts (7” inseam recommended), t-shirts (nothing too baggy), and running shoes. It is also a great idea to bring sunscreen, towel, hat, water bottle, and snacks if needed.
- Participants should watch the USRowing Safety Video prior to session.