Learn... Develop... Compete...
Program Contact: Coach Allen Eubanks at 865-850-4649,
- Follow us on social media at @ETRowing on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
- To sign up for our text alert service: Send @ETRowing to 81010
Crew is in many ways the ultimate team sport. There are no individual star performers in a crew, only those that understand there is something larger than oneself constitute a successful team. While technical skill and strength are enough to move a boat, relationships, self-discipline, sportsmanship, commitment, competitiveness, leadership and quality of coordination among the members create team culture of success or failure.
Rowing looks graceful, elegant and sometimes effortless when it is done well. Don't be fooled. The sport demands timing, endurance, strength, balance, discipline, and an ability to continue when your body is demanding that you stop. The rowing motion appears to be an upper body sport actually the strength of the rowing stroke comes from the legs. Rowing is a great low-impact aerobic workout that involves over 80% the body's major muscle groups leading to healthy body composition, improves the cardio-respiratory system, stimulates weight loss, supports cardiovascular health, and develops muscle strength.
Rowing is immersed in a college going culture. As an athlete, it is important to know what the odds are you will play that sport in college. Many of our alumni have turned their passion for the sport into a way to earn an athletic scholarship and continue rowing while they get their college degrees.
- East Tennessee Rowing competes against the best crews in the southeast as well as nationally.
- ETRowing offers year-around rowing opportunities in the various disciplines of the sport. Please go to our Schedule page to find out more on what is going on.
- Our Boathouse is next to Louisville Point Park just past Topside Rd, a convenient 20-minute drive from West Knoxville and Farragut along the Pellissippi Parkway, from downtown Knoxville using Alcoa Hwy, or anywhere in Blount County using Louisville Road to Louisville, 3452 Louisville Road, Louisville. In the event we have inclement weather or it gets cold and daylight is limited, we move indoors to Watt Street Gym in Alcoa to continue our training.
- We are always looking for great young athletes to join our crew, here there is a place for you. If you think you’d like being outdoors, on the water, and part of a team where everyone competes, rowing is worth trying.
- Prospective athletes may join as of January 1st of the calendar year that they turn age 12 through the summer after the athlete completes their high school degree. Good attendance is crucial to athlete development. Younger athletes may try-out on a case-by-case basis.
- Getting out on Fort Loudon Lake is easier than you think. No previous rowing experience is required as ETRowing offers multiple Training Camps/Try-outs throughout the year. A rowing beginner is a “Novice” for the first year. During the novice year, new rowers have opportunity to learn rowing fundamentals from; equipment handling, technique, develop general fitness and compete against other novice crews. ETRowing offers our beginners four options to get involved in rowing.
- Novice Crew – hit the water with our competitive teams and learn the sport during your first two weeks of Fall [August-October] and/or Spring [February-May] seasons.
- Summer Rowing – Get started in our beginner summer camps [June and July].
- Crew Academy – Recreational rowing classes running on Tuesday and Thursday [April 1st - October 31st].
- Strength & Conditioning – Join up during our winter indoor training period. [November-February]
- Once the athlete completes our introduction classes they are ready to join our traveling Competitive Crew.
FORMS - ETRowing reserves the right to amend these guidelines and forms at any time with or without prior notice to athlete and parents. Please download the forms, read, sign, date and return to a coach.
Camp Academy Crew
- General Information & Waiver** .pdf | .pdf | .pdf
- Medical/Physical Clearance* | | .pdf
- Concussion Form* | .pdf | .pdf
- Swim Test Form* | | .pdf
- Scholarship Form | | .pdf
- USRowing On-Line Waiver** Search for: East Tennessee Rowing Organization, use club code: HWTWE
- ETRowing Policy Downloads
- Conduct Policy .pdf
- Fee Policy .pdf
- Travel Policy .pdf
- SafeSport Policy .pdf
- * Must be completed annually
- ** Must be completed in athlete file
As most people in East Tennessee do not know a lot about rowing we have put together a page of frequently asked question. You should find out more than you want to know about rowing, but if we don't answer your quest please contact us directly.