Rowing for Adults
- East Tennessee Rowing offers monthly memberships to the public to take advantage of our adult rowing classes for aged 23 and up. Our membership comes from varying backgrounds, athletic abilities, and experience levels drawn together by a common passion for personal fitness. At ETRowing you will find community, camaraderie, support, and a safe place where you're driven toward becoming the better you.
- Upon completion of a learn-to-row class or with prior rowing experience adult men and women sre called “Masters”. Who can pursue rowing at the competitive level and enjoy its numerous health benefits of rowing on Fort Loudoun Lake. Many club members find that rowing helps them achieve their fitness goals of weight loss, gaining strength, and improving their cardio, or just a desire to meet new friends.
- Our Boathouse is next to Louisville Point Park just past Topside Rd, a convenient 20-minute drive from West Knoxville and Farragut along the Pellissippi Parkway, from downtown Knoxville using Alcoa Hwy, or anywhere in Blount County using Louisville Road to Louisville, 3452 Louisville Road, Louisville.
- The Masters on the water season begins the Tuesday after daylight saving time begins and runs continually through mid-November. As practice is dependent on weather and usable daylight. When light becomes limited training heads indoors to Watt Street Gym in Alcoa for year around training experience. Practices run between 60-90 minutes on Tue and Thu (6pm) then on Sat (9am) focusing on rowing technique, boat handling, physical conditioning, and teamwork.
- East Tennessee Rowing Masters competes at approximately six local regattas in Oak Ridge (TN), Chattanooga (TN), Augusta (GA), Gainesville (GA), and Nashville (TN) between the sprint regattas in the spring and summer and head races in the fall. The standard masters’ sprint distance is 1K, and head races range from 2.5 to 3 miles. Team members are expected to contribute to the cost of race fees and boat transportation as these competitions are not included in the program fees.
- At first glance you may think that our prices are higher than typical gym memberships. What do you get from a typical gym membership? You pay a flat fee to use the equipment. East Tennessee Rowing is more than just a gym. Our nationally certified coaches program your workouts, instruct movements, scale the workout (if necessary), offer nutritional suggestions (if requested), provide access to indoor group rowing classes and group fitness classes like no other facility in the area, and are committed to each member every time you walk in the door.
- $135 /month: Unlimited Gym access /week AND Row 3x /week
- $110 /month: 3x Gym access /week OR Row 2x /week
- $80 /month: 2x Gym class access /week with No Rowing
- $45: Drop-in weekly rate
- $20: Drop-in day rate
- The program fees do not include travel or competitions (if needed).
- 10% Discount for Active Military, Police, Fire, Corporate, and Family.
- Training requires a month-to-month commitment and set to auto renewing unless a 30 days advanced notice of cancellation or freeze is received.
- For more information contact: Coach Allen Eubanks at 865-850-4649
- Remember, East Tennessee Rowing is committed to help you build your body, mind to achieve your fitness goals to get fitter, faster, and stronger. Sign up today!