East Tennessee believes a successful team and an athlete’s positive experience fall on employing certified professional coaches who have a passion for the sport they coach. Although many factors help determine outcomes in sports, coaches have a direct influence on athletes, their attitudes and performance. Athletes perceive and interpret their athletic experience based on the leadership they receive, as well as their ability to perform well. Effective coaches influence athletes toward greatness.
Our coaches use a modified Long Term Athletic Development (LTAD) model to introduce fundamental physical skills and cognitive awareness to achieve overall athletic improvement that is developmentally appropriate for our young athletes. We use today's best practices to provide a safe, inspiring, and energetic environment. Our training includes on-water training, indoor rowing, plyometric mobility, interval training, core development, dynamic lifting, and regular progress tracking to help the athlete succeed.
Head Coach / Women's Youth Coach
- Allen Eubanks
- Coaching Certification: USRowing L3
- Hometown: Bossier City, Louisiana
- High School: Parkway HS, Bossier City, LA
- College: Northwestern State of Louisiana '97
- College Rowing: Northwestern State ('92-'97)
- US Army '88-'92, LA National Guard '92-03
- Wife: Candace, Children: Ethan and Evelyn
- Coach Eubanks brings over 25 years of rowing experience to East Tennessee Rowing. After returning from Desert Storm, Coach Eubanks started college and discovered rowing at Northwestern State University of Louisiana (Natchitoches, LA). His coaching career started with the Louisiana School of Math, Science, and Art (Natchitoches, LA) 1995, Centenary College (Shreveport, LA) 1997-2001, and Oak Ridge Rowing/Atomic Rowing (Oak Ridge, TN) 2001-2013. He served as the USRowing Youth Committee Southeast Representative from 2002 to 2015, serving as the chairman of that committee for nine years. Nationally recognized in 2007 for his resounding commitment to the sport of rowing receiving the USRowing Chapman Award. Coach Eubanks’ crews have medaled at the USRowing Club National Championships, USRowing U17/U15 National Championships, USRowing Southeast District Youth Championships, Head of the Schuylkill, Head of the Hooch, and multiple other local, regional, and national events. Coach Eubanks is well respected in the rowing community for finding and developing rowing talent and helping the high school athletes transition into a collegiate rower to receive a rowing scholarships at a collegiate program.
Women's Assistant Youth Coach
Men's Youth Coach
- East Tennessee Rowing (ETRO) seeks a motivated, inspiring, dedicated, and experience coach to lead, coach and develop the overall men’s youth program within USRowing and club standards.
- Skills & Knowledge
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of safety, technical and strategic aspects of rowing. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work in a cooperative group environment to promote growth and development of youth-athletes. Ability to teach, lead, motivate, evaluate and guide student-athletes. Ability to recruit effectively at the high school level. Ability to coordination of race logistics
- 3-4 years competitive rowing/coxing experience; Prior coaching experience; A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree; USRowing L2 Coach Certification with: CPR/AED Certification, US Boating Safety Certification, USOC SafeSport Certified (within 30 days of hire); TN Boaters License (within 30 days of hire); Valid driver’s license and ability to gain appropriate certification to drive shell trailer; Ability to relocate to the Knoxville, Tennessee metro area.
- ETRO is a community rowing club that has experiences positive growth over the past 36 months. Our club is located 20 minutes southwest of Knoxville in Louisville, Tennessee. ETRO conducts year round youth training opportunities. Our crews compete in 10-12 regattas per year which include the Southeast Youth Regional Championships, USRowing U17/U15 National Championship, USRowing Club Nationals, Head of the Schuylkill River in addition to multiple local and regional events.
- ETRO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Prior to employment all candidates will need to pass background and drug screening. If offered a position, finalist must furnish proof of U.S. citizenship or proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. within three (3) days of commencing employment.
- This is a compensated position. Interested candidate please send your resume to the head coach: Allen Eubanks
Men's Assistant Youth Coach
- Will Baker
- Coaching Certification: USRowing L2
- Hometown: Maryville, TN
- High School: Maryville HS, Maryville, TN
- College: University Of Tennessee
- College Rowing: University Of Tennessee
Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Josh Boling
- Coaching Certification: USRowing L2, Crossfit L1
- Hometown: Gibbs, Tennessee
- High School: Gibbs HS, Gibbs, TN
- College: Liberty University
- Wife: Sara