FALL SEASON | WINTER SEASON | SPRING SEASON | SUMMER SEASON
Our Fall competitive rowing season prepares our Junior crews to contend with the premier rowing teams across the Southeast and Nationally. The Fall season runs mid-August through the mid-November. During Fall rowing the focus is on athlete development through technique and muscular endurance to prepare for our primary competitive Spring Season.
Athletes are grouped together based on experience and skill level. Novice athletes, first year beginners, train together to allow time to become acquainted with the sport, but race separately from the varsity against similar experienced athletes. Varsity athletes have completion of a spring Novice season and represent the club in multiple regatta each year. We want to see you succeed.
Join us, prior to September 1st, for a ONE WEEK FREE TRIAL to meet our team, coaching staff, and facilities.
- For those with little or no previous rowing experience and want to try rowing, but have limited time availableity. ETRowing offers a noncompetitive recreational Fall option: Crew Academy.
- Practices are conducted at our Boathouse on Fort Loudoun Lake or at our Watt Street Gym in the Alcoa City Center.
- Boathouse: (3452 Louisville Rd., Louisville, TN) Convenient to Blount and Knox Counties, and surrounding areas. It is a 20-minute drive from the I-40 / Pellissippi Parkway (I-140) intersection by taking Topside Rd and 20-minutes from Downtown Knoxville via Alcoa Highway, as well as 15 minutes from downtown Maryville along Louisville Road.
- Watt Street Gym: (259 East Watt St., Alcoa, TN) Next to Alcoa Family Chiropractic.
- Fall Registration Jul 24 - Sep 1
- Aug 14 Returning athletes report
- Aug 19 Fall Open House / Information: 10 A.M. - 2 P.M. at Watt Street Gym
- Aug 14-Sep 1 Novice/Beginner Athlete Walk-on Period,
- Sep 7 Fall Parent Meeting: 7 P.M. to 8 P.M. Louisville Community Center
FALL PRACTICE TIMES
- Varsity: Monday - Friday, 4:30 P.M. - 6:30 P.M.
- Novice: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 4:30 P.M. - 6:30 P.M.
- Strength & Conditioning at Watt Street Gym Saturday, 8 A.M. - 10 A.M.
- Fall season regattas are called head races, these events generally are three to five kilometers timed event held on rivers. The boat with the fastest time wins.
- Oct 7: Music City Head Race
- Nashville > Varsity, Novice, Masters
- Oct 21: Secret City Head Race
- Oak Ridge > Varsity, Novice, Masters
- Oct 28-29: Head of the Schuylkill
- Philadelphia > Select Varsity
- Nov 4: Head of Hooch
- Chattanooga > Varsity, Novice, Masters
- Nov 11: Head of the South
- Augusta > Varsity, Novice, Masters
- ETRO Travel Policy: Parents/Boosters are responsible for making athlete travel and lodging arrangements for events.
- East Tennessee Rowing communicates through multiple platforms.
- Email is used, but we find it less effective as our system only stores one contact per membership.
- Our text system is called “Remind” and used for most of our communication needs.
- To join: Text @etrowing to #81010.
- General announcements and weather updates are posted on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram.
- Feel free to like or follow us there at @etrowing.
- Participants should watch the USRowing Safety Video prior to season.
- East Tennessee Rowing offers a discounted pay-in-full option or monthly installments for your convenience.
- NOVICE: ETRowing's Seasonal Novice membership, Fall: Aug 28, 2017 - Nov 13, 2017, Cost: $600.
- VARSITY: ETRowing's Seasonal Varsity membership, Fall: Aug 14, 2017- Nov 13, 2017, Cost: $825.
- FULL: ETRowing's Annual Membership includes unlimited access to training sessions in the Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer seasons. Cost: $2,400.
- Annual Agreement: 12 month commitment Pay-In-Full (discounted) or 12 Installments $200
- East Tennessee Rowing does not want to “nickel and dime” you each time an event comes up, we attempt to incorporate local regatta cost with the operational club fees into the seasonal fee. All items listed are covered by fees, including, but not limited to:
- Club Organizational Registration with USRowing, Facility Insurance, D&O Insurance and General Liability Insurance, Equipment Usage Fees: shells, ergometers, workout equipment, and safety launches, Access to Boathouse and Gym for practice, High quality professional USRowing Certified coaching, Club Administrative fees, Regattas team entry fees and equipment transport, Media, Communication and Website maintenance fees.
- Fees do not cover, but not limited to:
- Personal USRowing Championship memberships (required to compete in major regional and national competitions.) Regattas or travel expenses; transportation, hotels, meals, entry fees etc. Championship Regattas: entry fees, equipment transport, transportation, hotels, meals, entry fees etc. Racing Uniform or personal gear.