This non-competitive recreational program runs in the fall season only from August 13th through October 18th.
- For youth who are looking to rowing, but have limited time available for competitive training. Interested athletes may join at any time. No previous rowing experience to join. Academy sessions focuses on developing the basic rowing skills to become a more efficient rower in creating an environment where young athletes can discover the sport of rowing while enjoying the great outdoors on Fort Loudon Lake.
- As an outdoor sport, rowing, safely is dependent the water level of the lake, weather, and usable daylight.
- In the event an athlete starts Crew Academy particpants can switch to the competitive squads by talking to their coach for details.
- Participants will need to bring a learning attitude and wear athletic shorts (7” inseam recommended), t-shirts (nothing too baggy), and running shoes. It is also a great idea to bring sunscreen, towel, hat, water bottle, and snacks if needed.
- Participants should watch the USRowing Safety Video prior to session.
- Location: Smoky Mountain Rowing Center, 3452 Louisville Road, Louisville [view map]
- Time: 2 nights per week: Tue/Thr 6:30P-8:00P
- Cost: $100 /month
- Contact: Coach Allen Eubanks at 865-850-4649