This non-competitive recreational program runs in the fall season only from July 30th through October 18th.
- For beginner youth 12 to 16, who are looking for a new sport to try or those that want to rowing, but have limited time available for competitive training.
- Interested athletes may join at any time. No previous rowing experience to join.
- Academy sessions focuses on creating an environment where young athletes can discover the sport of rowing while enjoying the great outdoors on Fort Loudon Lake.
- Training develops the basic rowing skills from day one on indoor rowers continuing onto the water in eight-person shells to develop posture, balance control, timing, and begin to apply valuable skills to become a more efficient rower.
- As an outdoor sport, rowing, safely is dependent the water level of the lake, weather, and usable daylight.
- In the event an athlete starts Crew Academy and wants to do more the will need to complete one month of Crew Academy, then talk to their coach for details on our competitive teams.
- Participants will need to bring a learning attitude and wear athletic shorts (7” inseam recommended), t-shirts (nothing too baggy), and running shoes. It is also a great idea to bring sunscreen, towel, hat, water bottle, and snacks if needed.
- Participants should watch the USRowing Safety Video prior to session.
- Location: Smoky Mountain Rowing Center, 3452 Louisville Road, Louisville [view map]
- 2 nights per week: Tue/Thr 6:30P-8:00P $100 /month
- ETRO Academy memberships auto renue monthly and may be cancelled by providing written notice, in person, to our Head Coach. If the ETRO membership agreement is cancelled prior to the 16th of the month, failure to do so tthe Member agrees to pay an additional month.
If the Member must cancel this gym membership contract due to military service or relocation to an area more than 50 miles from ETRO, the Member may cancel without paying the cancellation fee.
- Contact: Coach Allen Eubanks at 865-850-4649