Watt St. Gym
Fitness and overall wellness are achievable goals for everyone.
Watt Street Gym is the strength and conditioning facility of East Tennessee Rowing. We provide monthly memberships to the public to take advantage of our many fitness training options that appeals to both men and women alike.
We are more than just rowers, our membership come from varying backgrounds, athletic abilities, and experience levels drawn together by a common passion for personal fitness. At Watt Street Gym you will find community, camaraderie, support, and a place where you're driven toward becoming the better you. Whatever your goals are overall strength, conditioning, weight loss, increased mental clarity, focus, of just a desire to meet new friends.
We are located at 259 E. Watt Street, Alcoa [view map]. Our gym is a climate controlled, 2500 square foot indoor facility with a family friendly atmosphere, outfitted with world-class fitness equipment.
No previous gym experience is needed to get started.
There’s no reason to be intimidated! The hardest part is walking in the door, meet our coaches and you’ll be hooked! During the first week, you will receive free unlimited gym access to all of our group classes. When you visit you will have a chance to check out our facilities, get know our current members, find that workout partner, and give our coaches an opportunity to evaluate your goals. While being introduced to the fundamentals of living a healthy and active lifestyle. We feel you will like us enough and invite your friends to join in what we are doing here as we hope to positively impact the lives of as many people as possible.
Our nationally certified coaches prioritize gym safety and technique while programing workouts, instruct movements, scale the workout (if necessary), offer nutritional suggestions (if requested), and are committed to each member every time you walk in the door.
Group sessions are capped at 15 athletes to maintain a dynamic coach to athlete ratio, the equivalent of semi-personal training.
Contact: Coach Josh Boling 865-223-9163 or better yet just drop in and join us.
- HERE WE DO IT TOGETHER - Experience strength and fitness in a whole new way. We take your training to the next level in our high energy group classes led by certified coaches and surrounded by your peers. Our performance-driven workouts are backed by time-tested training methods that have produced some of the world’s best-conditioned athletes. Our strategic methodology is based on long term athletic development for all adults, from beginner to advanced, for the benefit of your sustainable active lifestyle. Each 60-minute class starts with a dynamic workouts that incorporate traditional power lifts followed by a high-intensity interval workout. The workouts are designed to be tough and effective, taking you to your maximum potential. Every 4 to 8 weeks we cycle through different fitness modalities to potentiate your progression to total fitness.
- Class Times:
- • Sat: 9:30 a.m. | 10:30 a.m.
- • Mon - Fri: 12:00 p.m. | 4:30 p.m. | 5:30 p.m. | 6:30 p.m.
- STARTING 2018
- FIND YOUR INNER WARRIOR - If you like a challenging workout with no frills, our boot camp class might be just what you're looking for. A boot camp workout typically consists of high-intensity intervals of resistance exercises, spaced between short sessions of cardio. Bodyweight exercises such as push-ups, lunges and squats are frequently used, so equipment is kept to a minimum.
- The goal of our boot camp is to engage your whole body with an interval workout that includes functional body weight movements, core work, cardio, and light to moderate loads. Classic athletic-based training mixed with sports drills and functional training will get you in shape and motivated with accountability, direction and encouragement to be the best that you can be!
- STARTING IN 2018
- YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE AN OLYMPIAN TO TRAIN LIKE ONE - Try our group indoor rowing classes to experience a great low-impact, calorie burning, and cardiovascular workout that works every major muscle group to build strength and endurance. We believe that you will see results sooner.
- We use Concept2 rowing machines utilizing intervals and dynamic sculpting exercises for the perfect balance of cardio and strength training. Anyone can row, No prior rowing experience required, we teach you. Our clients span all experience levels, ages and abilities. Classes are capped at 15 athletes to maintain a dynamic coach to athlete ratio in a non-intimidating environment.
- First week of gym access is FREE.
- $135 /month: Unlimited weekly access to Gym AND Rowing classes
- $110 /month: 3x Gym access /week OR Row 2x /week
- $80 /month: 2x Gym class access /week with No Rowing
- $45: Drop-in weekly rate
- $20: Drop-in day rate
- The program fees do not include travel or competitions (if needed).
- 10% Discount for Active Military, Police, Fire, Corporate, and Family.
- Training requires a month-to-month commitment and set to auto renewing unless a 30 days advanced notice of cancellation or freeze is received.
- Your membership may also provides you access to our outdoor group rowing classes - talk to coaches about details.